Name: Sarah Barker
Twitter name: @ladybarkbark
Subject taught (if applicable): English
Position: Head of Faculty
What is your advice about? Emails
- Read your emails. It’s easy to miss a deadline by letting emails sit unattended.
- Think before sending whole-staff emails because these can quickly swamp inboxes. The finance department do not need to know that Sammie has left his pencil-case in the library.
- Leave your computer locked. The resident comedian will not be beyond a hijack (and your emails may contain sensitive information).
- Don’t be sarcastic, rude or mean about anybody in an email. If you do need to mention another member of staff, it’s polite to CC that person in.
- As a new teacher, it’s important to recognise that staff may have relatives among the student population. Keep this in mind when you are emailing about the children.