Name: Sarah Barker
Twitter name: @MsSFax
Subject taught (if applicable): English
Position: Head of Faculty
What is your advice about? Being Ill
- Don’t come to work when you’re ill; you’ll spread your illness and do a substandard job anyway.
- Nobody – literally nobody – is indispensable. Don’t worry about being off if you’re ill; the school will still be running when you return.
- Follow your school’s procedure for calling in sick. Make sure you let your line-manager know, even if this isn’t part of the official procedure.
- While you’re ill, don’t post on social media, get filmed dancing on the stage at a festival, or return to work with a cake that you made while you were off.
- It is possible that you’ll have a return to work meeting when you get back. Aim for transparency in this meeting and use the opportunity to discuss any concerns you have about returning.