Name: Tarjinder Gill
Position: Teacher Adviser
5 Bits of Advice About: Behaviour management
- School rules and class rules should basically be the same. Ideally there should be no more than 5.
- Children do not need to be involved in making the rules. It’s a nice idea but I have never seen a difficult child make better choices because they signed the class charter.
- Log all incidents and check if there is a pattern.
- If you work in an unreasonable school that makes you take children on visits regardless of behaviour, insist the parent being there is on the risk assessment.
- Remember that most children do not exhibit unreasonable behaviour. Those that do, do so for a reason, that reason is rarely if ever, you.