Name: Greg Ashman
Subject: Maths and Physics
Position: Head of Maths
5 Bits of Advice About: Avoiding EduMyths
- Just because they told you it was true when your were training, it doesn’t mean that it is. Training colleges perpetuate all sorts of EduMyths.
- Learning styles and brain gym are just the most *well known* examples of EduMyths.
- A scientific theory is something that has been rigorously tested by experiment. An education theory is often just what someone reckons.
- If you challenge EduMyths then be prepared for people going on about ‘ontology’, ‘post-structuralism’ and stuff like that. This can mostly be disregarded.
- Read a myth-busting blog like mine!