Name: Gwen Nelson
Position: Lecturer A-Level and GCSE English courses
5 Bits of Advice About: Teacher survival kit
- Thermos camping mug with lid: so that you can carry your caffeine elixir around with ease AND the lid prevents spillage onto work clothes.
- Supplies of your caffeine elixir of choice: coffee, tea or (an unspecified brand of) cola. Non-caffeine options are available.
- A bottle of water: You will get dehydrated, especially in summer. Squirrel away some water in the office fridge, drink it.
- Medicine: Lemsip, throat sweets, paracetamol, ibuprofen. Try not to take them all at once – if you feel that bad, you shouldn’t be at work.
- Emergency chocolate: It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a teacher, in possession of THAT Year 9 class, must be in want of some chocolate.