Name: Matt Pinkett
5 Bits of Advice About: Telling lies
- Does a colleague’s new haircut look really awful? Lie, tell them it looks great and feel pleased with yourself for being positive in the face of the grotesque.
- If a student asks if you’ve always been ‘naturally clever’, lie. Tell them you had to work bloody hard to get to the level you’re at now.
- When students ask if you find horrible members of staff as odious as they do, lie. Tell them you like and respect everybody you work with because that’s how people go places.
- When students ask if you play ‘Call Of Duty’ say “No”. Otherwise, it’ll be that they want to talk to you about and not semi colons.
- Lie down and relax; you’re doing great.