Name: Kate McCabe
Subject: English and Media
Position: KS4 Lead and Head of Media
5 Bits of Advice About: Teaching powerpoints
- Keep it Clean. Keep it simple. Students cannot process too much information in one slide. Keep it to the absolute essentials.
- Make it Visual. A visual image is memorable, thought provoking, creates clear link between ideas and text and best of all makes students work harder to make that link.
- Make it Clear. Your instruction or task command should be clearly stated so that students are in no doubt of what you want them to do.
- Keep it Consistent. Embed clear routines in your resources that students can learn to expect. It creates that safe, positive environment you are trying to establish.
- Model Don’t forget to include the text for modelling of your annotation even though students have it on paper. Alternatively, ‘live’ write your model straight onto the slide.