Name: Michael Salter
Twitter name: mikesalter74
Subject taught (if applicable): Latin, French, Greek, German
What is your advice about? How to actually enjoy a sports/athletics carnival
- Remember that it only happens once a year.
- Devise some random, geeky games to play with your stopwatch.
- Secure some time on the loudspeaker, during which you can make disparaging comments about your colleagues’ dress sense on the day.
- Gravitate towards like-minded colleagues throughout, no matter where you’ve been “assigned”.
- Bring your own lunch. Canteens at sports venues are hell on earth.