Name: Jaun Ofthefourty
Sector: Early Years, Primary
5 Bits of Advice About: Doing supply when there is no work left
- Have something prepared (even just mentally) for every possible subject. It’s not fun having to improvise a day’s worth of engaging lessons.
- Use the walls and displays to give you ideas of what the children are learning. It will help your teaching feel relevant.
- Don’t plan anything that requires marking. Why add to your workload?
- Quizzes are brilliant. They’re easy to plan, build teamwork, test the children’s knowledge and they’re fun.
- Whatever you deliver, do it with confidence and conviction (faked, if necessary). Pupils are experts at reading body language and will pounce on any chink in your armor.