Name: Rebecca Foster
Position: Lead Practitioner
5 Bits of Advice About: Planning
- Plan backwards – what do you want students to be able to do, know or show by the end of the lesson? Then work out how to get there (where before how).
- Think about how you can hook them from the moment they walk into the classroom (a piece of music, an image, a challenging question, you in fancy dress…).
- Get students to show you what they already know or can do. Pay attention at this point so you know who needs more support or more challenge.
- Model. This might be through the use of an exemplar or you talking through HOW to approach a question.
- Let students get on with it and offer a range of support to allow ALL students to achieve.