Name: Quirky Teacher
5 Bits of Advice About: How to manage your TA
- Most importantly, let them know that you appreciate their help. Say ‘thank you’ every day.
- Keep your TA ‘in the loop’: give them the low-down from the staff meeting and a heads-up on imminent changes.
- Help your TA to feel important and needed: ask for their opinions, feedback and advice on the children.
- Skills permitting, give them opportunities to do group work with the eager, higher achieving pupils.
- Give them a dedicated little bit corner of work space to lay out their folders and pots of pens.