5 Bits of Advice About: Teaching A Level Maths
- If pupils weren’t motivated, independent learners in year 11 then they still won’t be… Unless you teach them to be.
- Practice is vital. The more practice they get at everything the better.
- Your class is highly likely to have a wide range of abilities. Plan to have to break everything down more for at least some of the class.
- Don’t assume that they can do GCSE maths content. At least some of them will probably not be able to.
- Set a lot of homework right from the outset. Make them respond proactively if they can’t do it.