Name: Miss Toppin
Twitter name: @Miss_Toppin
Subject taught (if applicable): English
What is your advice about? OFSTED
- OFSTED have not come to shut your school down, they want you to be good or better. So relax and be the great teacher that you are.
- Your school’s last OFSTED report will have three bullet points for improvement. Make sure you have those issues covered in your planned teaching and learning.
- As a good teacher, you will have established a rapport with your students and solid classroom routines. Do not change these, they are your foundation for great lessons.
- Make sure that you have enough data on your students to inform planning that you can share (KS2, EAL, PP). If you do this in your first term, you can just keep updating it.
- Keep a pile of marked and completed books or assessment folders on a desk during the visit. It could help the inspector to understand the effect of your teaching over time.