Name: Gem Turner-Lindley
Subject: RE, Philosophy and Ethics
Position: HoD / Teaching and Learning Team
5 Bits of Advice About: Saving time
- If post does not have your name on it, it will be generic and not specifically for you. Bin it, don’t waste time reading it.
- Save everything. Have a hard drive with all of your resources and lesson ppts saved for tweaking in the future, instead of recreating them from scratch.
- Network. Other staff in your department/other schools will have great resources/ideas that will save you time as long as you can do the same for them.
- Be organised. Keep your desk clear and deal with all paperwork as it comes in – file, action or bin. Then you won’t waste time searching for things.
- Plan your marking. If you know what piece you are marking in detail you can focus on that, rather than marking books in a general way, which often takes more time.