Twitter: None given
5 Bits of Advice About: Homework
- Have a homework routine – always set homework on a particular day of the week and always collect it in on a particular day of the week.
- Use your timetable to plan when you are going to mark each set of books – when do you have more free periods? Do you have a gap of 2 or 3 days before their lessons?
- Vary your homework between learning for tests and a reading/writing exercise.
- Be creative – rather than a review of a real film, have them write a review of a fake film based on their own life (and they can choose who they cast as themselves!)
- NEVER accept Google translated work. Either give them a dictionary or have them write what they wanted to say underneath their work for you to translate when you mark it.