Name: Jo Morgan
Position: Lead Practitioner
5 Bits of Advice About: Resources
- Ask your colleagues for ideas: “Do you have anything good for this topic?”
- Organise your files well. Save all lessons in a sensible folder structure (class > topic > numbered lessons) so you can easily find resources next year.
- Identify useful websites for your subject – where can you find banks of high quality resources? You might find Twitter helpful too.
- Think about practicalities, budgets and preparation time – can your chosen resource be shrunk down and printed in black and white? Does it need laminating and cutting?
- If you have a very specific resource in mind it might be quicker to make it yourself. Make sure you check it thoroughly and work out the answers before you use it in a lesson.