Name: Lauren Stephenson
Twitter name: @laurenemily06
Subject taught (if applicable): Science, physics specialist
Position: Classroom teacher
What is your advice about? Engaging students in physics
- Be enthusiastic. If they can’t see that YOU love your subject why would they?
- Go beyond the scheme, link to higher level interesting science topics.
- Do as many hands on activities as possible. From making an electromagnet to simulating a telescope, it’ll get them hooked!
- Try to incorporate the idea of scientific procedure, how discoveries are made and believed. Students will gain a broader understand of the scientific community.
- Practice makes perfect. Whether it’s learning equations, doing arithamitic, learning laws, repettitive, fun games with an element of competition ALWAYS go down well!