Name: Andy Lewis
Twitter name: @iteachRE
Subject taught (if applicable): RE
Position: Head of Year 11 & 2nd i/c RE
What is your advice about? Hot Weather
- Open windows first thing in the morning. Work out the optimum blind / window position.
- Encourage students to fill water bottles at break or lunch. If you let out one, they’ll all want to go.
- When Y11/12/13 go on study leave or are taking exams, move your class to rooms with air con, or are just cooler.
- Students can be reluctant to take off blazers, jumpers and cardigans. Gently encourage them to do so – especially if they are red faced!
- Think about things that generate heat – is it a good opportunity to switch off the projector?